Wednesday, January 5, 2011

While on a trip for the holidays my ex text ed and emailed me. It was for New Years and I thought it was a very nice thing to do. We had not spoken much since the breakup, however even though I felt wonderful about it, I also felt sad. Why had he waited so long to do so and why did I have to be right about his reason for leaving. He finally told me why; and it had been what I had known all along. Now we talked of all we had missed and never stopped loving and of course all our dreams and plans we had made for the future. Why when people have an amazing thing together so why do some still look as if the grass is really greener on the other side. The really sad truth is, it never is .. We discussed reconciliation and our future as before. I ran into nothing for this was all just speaking of and going over all we had not spoken of yet since the breakup nine months ago. But it was as if we had never left and he was the one to make that comment but I had to agree, it was as if yesterday. We have or had one of those relationships like we are almost clones, but enough diversity between us to make it interesting, yet easy. We would finish each others sentences and laugh, we could order a meal or drinks with no worry one would not like or enjoy. We were like a warm smooth Brandy on any night of the week. He said he never stopped loving me and always remembered us from time to time, as I did as well. So if our souls and minds as well as our hearts were still in such sync why did he leave at all? I realize my career had taken it's toll on our relationship, but why leave without letting me know of his feelings? Was I or we not worth fighting for? I mean if you leave someone or something and can not forget or move past it all, why move on? Of course there is more to what I learned but for now I will try to get some rest. It has been an exuberant holiday season yet an emotional roller coaster! Time for a nice glass of Bordeaux ...

No comments:

Post a Comment