Sunday, March 17, 2013

October 2011

As I drove to work, the day was cool and overcast. The clouds broke open every now and then to allow the sun to peek through. It feels like Fall alright where; did the year go? I have agreed to assist a Doctors wife in her investment of a Billing Service. Being a struggle writer, well extra money is always welcome. By the time I make my way east toward the foothills of San Diego a cool breeze has arrived, but I do not care for Fall is here, one of my favorite seasons. I busied myself at my desk when all of a sudden my cell phone rings it is my son Damien and he is breathless. I could feel my gut tighten as he spoke, "Mom something is really wrong, I am having trouble catching my breath and my left shoulder hurts really bad. Please come home and help me." I thought for a second and realized if he is that bad he needs immediate assistance! I told him to call 911 for the return trip home for me was 40-45 minutes. I would head that way to the hospital. Well, when Paramedics and the Fire Department arrived he had a 105 temperature and was going into Septic shock. He had thought he had the flu and myself I thought he might have Bronchitis for low grade fever and congestion. I arrive home and they are gone he had been transported to the hospital already his room is messed up and some plastics were left behind by the emergency crew. The house had an eeriness about it, a stillness it made my skin crawl. You know a foreboding feeling right before receiving bad news. I quickly changed fed the animals a dog and cat and jumped in my car for the ride to Sharp Grossmont Hospital. I had to keep reminding myself to slow down for that corridor of the freeway was tightly monitored by The Highway Patrol. The drive seem to take forever ...

No comments:

Post a Comment